The Comprehensive 8 STD Panel (urine and blood) tests for several sexually transmitted diseases at the same time at one low price, including HIV, Syphilis, Herpes I and II, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Hepatitis B and C.
If you’ve had unprotected sex and notice unusual symptoms, you could be infected with a sexually transmitted disease. Even if you don’t have any visible symptoms, it’s possible to have an STD and spread it to another person.
If you engage in risky behavior (unsafe sex), it is recommended that you get tested frequently to prevent transmission to others. If there’s a chance you’ve been exposed to an STD, it’s critical to find out as soon as possible.
8 Panel Test
- 1: Chlamydia Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT). This urine test is based on amplification of the DNA that is present in Chlamydia trachomatis. Molecular testing for Chlamydia trachomatis is currently the standard and is widely used. The advantage of molecular tests is that they are generally more sensitive and specific than conventional culture (swabbing) and can identify more positive specimens.
- 2: Gonorrhoeae Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT). This urine test is based on amplification of the DNA that is present in Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Molecular testing for Neisseria gonorrhoeae is currently the standard and is widely used. The advantage of molecular tests is that they are generally more sensitive and specific than conventional culture (swabbing) and can therefore identify more positive specimens.
- 3: Hepatitis B Surface Antigen with Confirmation by Neutralization. This blood test is the earliest indicator of acute hepatitis B. This test can also distinguish between carriers of Hepatitis B and active infections.
- 4: Hepatitis C Surface Antibody Test (Anti-HCV). This blood test looks for antibodies to the Hepatitis C Virus (HCV). If you get tested before there are enough antibodies to detect, you may get a “false negative” result but still have acute type C viral hepatitis. Also, you may have a positive result if you were exposed and treated for this virus in the past. This test cannot tell if you still have an active viral infection. The CDC suggests that “weakly positive” tests be confirmed with another test within 3 months.
- 5 and 6: Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 and Type 2 IgG Tests (HerpeSelect (R)). Also known as HerpeSelect, this blood test is a serologic type-specific gG-based assays. Recommended by the CDC, this test looks for antibodies that are specific to the Herpes I virus and the Herpes II. An accurate screening involves either a positive culture that has been typed (1 or 2), or a blood test that accurately distinguishes between types 1 and 2.
- 7: HIV/AIDS Antibody Test with Reflex to Western Blot Confirmation. HIV (Human Immunodeficiency virus) is a virus that causes AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome). HIV breaks down the immune system, making it harder to fight off infections. People who are infected with HIV become sick with infections that normally wouldn’t affect them.
- 8: Syphilis Rapid Plasma Reagin (RPR) Test with Reflex to Quantitative RPR and Confirmatory TP-PA. The blood test finds the antibodies the body makes to fight syphilis. A positive test could indicate a current or previous infection. The blood test might not find antibodies for up to three months after exposure to the bacteria. If you think you may have been exposed to syphilis, getting another test within 6 months is recommended for confirmation. The antibodies stay in the body for years, so if you have had syphilis before and were treated, your test results could still be positive. To avoid being treated again, let your doctor know about your previous infection and/or treatment.
Quantum’s client portal provides the convenience physicians, hospitals, and clinics need to complete lab testing quickly and accurately. Our easy online client portal streamlines the testing process, making it much more efficient than calling, faxing, and completing paperwork.
Getting fast lab test results is crucial to providing the best in patient care. Quantum uses the latest technology to insure safe and timely delivery of patient specimens by offering both courier services and FedEx delivery.
Quantum offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient Phlebotomy services to our Physician partners to provide all required blood draw and other specimen collection needs.
Proper lab supplies is essential for precise and accurate testing. Quantum offers supplies at no cost to our Physician partners.
Quantum Diagnostic’s scientific approach to laboratory testing provides our clients with a higher standard of excellence, scientific integrity and expedited turnaround times. We provide rigid quality control testing through the latest technology and a sophisticated reporting system which is Internet accessible.